The original Garden Center Lanes was opened in 1939 downtown Alexandria on 5th & Hawthorne
It was an eight lane bowling alley and included a fine dining restaurant. In 1957 LeRoy Meyer purchased Garden Center Lanes and the Meyer family has owned and operated it ever since. Over the next 30 years LeRoy and his family began the expansion of Garden Center by going from an 8 lane center to eventually becoming the 34 lane center it is today.
In 2005 the Meyer family expanded Garden Center again, this time in a new location
On the corner of 30th Avenue and South Broadway the Meyer family built a new center and also included the restaurant, Fat Daddy’s Bar & Grill, and a banquet facility, Broadway Ballroom Event Center. Together these three offer a wide variety of entertainment options for many different people all year long.
Commitment to the Community
Garden Center Lanes has a long standing tradition of giving back to the community and working with local organizations including the United Way, Alexandria Chamber of Commerce, Alexandria Area Youth Bowlers Association, BNI, Alex Area USBC, Kiwanis, Rotary, Sertoma, West Central Food & Beverage Association, and Lions Club.